Your copy of Virtual Belfry must be registered with the author before it will be fully functional.
This is a simple process:
- You provide the author with a registration code that comes from your computer;
- The author sends you a key in return. The key will remove the restrictions of Evaluation Mode.
How do I find my computer's registration code?
There are two ways to find the code for your computer:
- If you have already installed Virtual Belfry and run it, you will see a form displayed that asks you to enter your activation key in order to proceed. At the bottom of the form is the registration code that you need to send to the author in order to receive your key.
- You can download a small utility from the Virtual Belfry website (see below) that, when run on your computer, will tell you the registration code. The advantage of this method is that you can provide the code when purchasing the program so that the program is fully functional as soon as your order is processed.
What information does the author require?
If you are registering at the time of purchase and you are paying by PayPal, simply type the registration code into the field on the ordering page.
If you are paying by direct deposit, include the registration code in the email you send to the author after making the deposit.
If you are registering after you have purchased the program, send the author an email including these three items of information:
- Your name;
- The licence key you were given when you purchased the program;
- The registration code from your computer.
The author will send you your activation key by email as soon as possible. This may be within minutes or perhaps overnight.
NB The licence conditions are intended to permit your copy of Virtual Belfry to be installed on computers owned and used by you. Installing the program on someone else's computer (or your tower's computer) will normally require the purchase of additional copies of the program.
What do I do with my activation key once I've got it?
Install Virtual Belfry if you haven't already done so, then run it. You will see this form displayed:
Enter your licence key and your activation key into the fields provided. (You must enter the hyphens as well as the letters and digits.)
At the bottom of the form you can see your computer's registration code (see "How do I find my computer's registration code", above).
The Registration Code Utility
As described above, you can, at any time, download a small program from this website, run it on your PC, and it will display the Virtual Belfry registration Code that you need to send to the author in order to receive your Activation Key:
The program doesn't make any changes to your computer, doesn't save anything to the disc, doesn't send or receive any information via the Internet, doesn't interfere with an existing copy of Virtual Belfry if you have one installed; it simply works out the registration code that you will need and displays it. You can select and copy the number from the field for pasting into an email or into the field on the ordering page.
Download the Virtual Belfry registration utility (64Kb)