Virtual Belfry is in active development. While version 3.6 is a complex program with many features, more are planned. Work on version 3.7 will begin very soon. Here are a few of the features that are planned:
- Import and export of saved touches in Lowndes format (it was hoped to include this in 3.6, but a decision was made to avoid further delays to the release date given the time already taken to develop the algorithm for analysing real ringing).
- An option to show the ropesight flashes on the Ropes window only when the ringer is significantly out of place.
- An option on the History window to replace the graph on the right with output of saved details for the current touch.
- Support for typical ringing speeds of minirings (no promises: this might end up being in version 3.8).
- Improving the way the files of methods and compositions are handled so that updates to the "factory" lists can be released more easily without upsetting entries that have been added locally.